We understand that homeowners typically don’t spend much time thinking about the doors throughout their home, and as a result, they’re often taken for granted. However, if you notice any of the following problems, it might be time to start shopping for a new door.
5 Signs You Need A New Door
1. Drafts are the most obvious sign that a door needs to be replaced. When the seals around a door age, they can shrink and/or crack.
2. Squeaky hinges are your doors way of saying, “Hey, I need some TLC!” Maintenance and oiling can only last so long. Hinges that are wearing down indicate that the door itself may not be that far behind, and loose hinges mean that your door can be easily forced open.
3. If you see visible cracks in your door, you need to replace it as soon as possible. This usually means that a door is old and structurally weak, which poses a safety concern for you and your family.
4. A door that scrapes along the floor when you open or close it should be examined. Old doors can warp or sag, causing damage to your floor every time you use the door.
5. If you’re finding an excess amount of ants or other bugs in your home, an old door could be their grand entrance. A door that doesn’t close properly anymore can let in insects, which are not only disgusting but can also cause damage or bring germs into your home.
Whether it’s your front door, back door or patio door, wear can be detrimental. Drafts and cracks can raise the power bill and structural damage or warping can compromise the safety of your home.
Gutterman Services can assist you in finding a new door that’s secure and complements the style of your home.