You may not realize that something small – like clogged gutters – could have a negative impact on your home. Clogged gutters can cause water to spill over the side, leading to a number of different issues like foundation damage, structural issues, mold & mildew and basement flooding. These issues can be expensive, costing you thousands of dollars in damage. The best way to avoid these problems is to have your gutters cleaned regularly.
Here are 6 signs that your gutters are clogged:
- You have bird nests or pests on your roof – Birds and other creatures find gutters to be a convenient place to call home. The technicians at Gutterman Services have encountered possums, birds, mice, squirrels – even snakes! It’s important to ensure that you do not have any pests clogging your gutters so water can flow freely away from your home.
2. Water is spilling over the sides – Clogged gutters can force water over the sides of your gutter, leading to expensive water related damages. For instance, if you notice your basement flooding during a rain storm, it’s probably because water is spilling over the sides of your gutters.
3. Sagging gutters – The weight of the debris, leaves, shingle grit and pine needles can cause your gutters to bend in the middle and sag. Unfortunately, this will cause your gutters to be ineffective at carrying water away from your home.
If enough debris remains in your gutters for an extended amount of time, the excess weight will begin to wear on the gutter itself. Eventually your gutters will pull away from your home, causing even more issues and headaches.
4. Staining on your siding – Rain water that is stagnant could end up causing costly damage to the fascia boards.
5. Plant growth – Seeds, dirt and debris can accumulate in your gutters and eventually a gutter garden can form! Plant growth is a glaring sign that your gutters need a cleaning.
6. Can’t remember the last time your gutters were cleaned – Your gutters should be cleaned at least twice a year to ensure your home is properly protected against expensive water related damages.
Are your gutters showing any signs of being clogged? If so, Gutterman Services can assist you with your home’s gutter cleaning. Click here to request an appointment
PS: Want to save up to 15% on our services? Click here to learn more about our bundle & save program